Sound without Speakers - Turn Any Surface into a Speaker
Turn any surface into a speaker with Feonic’s patented Audio Drive technology. Described as “sound without speakers” as there are no boxes or grills, instead we turn surfaces into flat panel speakers.
Our drives overcome all the problems associated with traditional speaker systems – poor sound quality, noise pollution, high maintenance / installation costs and being prone to vandalism – and at a lower cost.
Feonic’s new technology delivers sound locally. It is not a direct broadcast technology (as are speakers), and therefore does not suffer from problems associated with echoes and reverberation. It can be used in every aspect of transportation – for example, train, trams and light rail PA Systems, for train station PA Systems, for metro stations PA Speakers, on buses and coaches, at bus stops / shelters for advertising, in airport terminals and so on – in fact, in any transit hub location where intelligible speech is a requirement.
Feonic Audio Drive technology works by using a smart material, originally developed for the US Navy, to deliver massive force from small amounts of electrical stimulation to solid substrates (wood, plastic, metal, glass etc.), resulting in clear, audible and directional audio signals. Find out more about how Feonic Audio Drive works.
The key benefits of Feonic's turn any surface into a speaker approach are:
- Significant cost savings when compared to traditional flood speakers
- Invisibly integrated into existing or new structures – no design compromise
- Low profile design, no need for speaker boxes – space saving
- No directional limitations normally associated with traditional speakers
- Intelligibility exceeds European Standards for audio in public places
- Volume for volume FeONIC devices produce better audio than small speakers
- Plug and play using standard audio outputs
- Uses less power than conventional speaker systems, more economic to run
- Solid state construction means no moving parts therefore highly reliable. Particularly with regard to weatherproof and dust proof requirements
Find out more about the benefits of Feonic Audio Drive technology. And also see our other websites:-
- www.feonic.com - to learn how to Turn Any Surface into a Speaker
- www.soundbug2.com for our Mini Portable Wireless Speakers
- blog.feonic.com for Invisible Speaker Case Studies and a rounder view of all that we do. For example, hidden outdoor deck speakers for wooden decks
- Wikipedia Feonic page as a leader in this field we merit a page on Wikipedia
Feonic Transport News
Together with some of the world's biggest suppliers of passenger sliding doors and gating systems we're working to produce media panels have both video and audio capability.
Successful trials have been conducted to demonstrate that station signs and ceilings can be utilised as speakers using FeONIC's exciting technology.
Trials of FeONIC audio technology are about to begin in a number of schemes at railway stations.
Get in Touch
Request a Demo
We will be happy to give you a demonstration (our offices are in Hull, UK). There are many installations around the world where
you can hear our equipment in action.
We guarantee you'll be astounded. Contact us by phone or email.
Telephone: 01482 806688